This is a quick “heads up” to let you know that, per the offer page, you only have until October 31, 2017 to take advantage of the increased sign-up bonus on the Cathay Pacific Visa Signature® card, which is 50,000 Asia Miles after after spending $2,500 in the first 3 months. The normal sign-up bonus is just 25,000 Asia Miles.
Here are the card’s highlights:
- Earn 50,000 bonus Asia Miles after spending $2,500 or more in the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Earn 2 Asia Miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases.
- Earn 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or abroad.
- Earn 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US.
- Earn 1 Asia Mile per $1 spent on all other purchases made in the US.
- No foreign transaction fees.
Be aware of the following:
- The $95 annual fee is not waived the first year.
- Asia Miles expire after 3 years and you have to pay a fee if you want to extend the life of your earned miles.
This offer is a substantial bonus increase, worth approximately an extra $250, over the card’s regular bonus and there’s no history of limited-time offers to suggest how frequently this may come around again. So if you have a good use for Asia Miles on Cathay Pacific or their oneworld partner airlines in the next 3 years, it probably makes sense to seize this opportunity while it’s available, especially if you can’t find many significantly-more-compelling offers in our tool for finding cards with good sign-up bonuses for your situation.
You may also want to peruse the award charts for Cathay and oneworld partner redemptions to get a more specific idea of the value you’ll get from the 52,500+ Asia Miles you’ll earn from this offer.